|Objective||To give children the opportunity to create their own home business and make their own income; giving them the understanding of business planning, promoting, money skills, earning and selling.|
Have you kids create a small business based on their individual talents and interests.
1. Talk with your kids about what they like to do and what they are good at. Make a list of four or five activities that they like and talents that they have.
2. Brainstorm with your children about potential businesses they could create around their likes and talents. Here are some examples:
3. Once you have brainstormed a few business ideas, have your child choose one that they would like to create.
4. Work through the basic planning for the business with your child. Get them to answer the following questions and write their answers down:
5. Once you have planned out the business, help you kids to get organized and set up their business.
6. After they have completed their business ask them what went well with the business and what they would improve for the next time. Ask them if they think the business was successful and why they feel this way.
Mark this activity as complete when your child has created and operated at least one business.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Age Range||6 7 8 9|
|Tags||Creativity Money Budgeting Marketing Interpersonal Intelligence Intrapersonal Intelligence Counting|
|All Terrain Brain||
This is a kid friendly business builder spreadsheet that kids can use to calculate their expenses, break even point and set a profit goal.
Here are some websites with information for your child about being a young entrepreneur.