|Objective||Have a fun day out where kids will learn about budgeting!|
1. Save up your money or have your parents set a budget for the day.
2. Choose where you would like to go or what you would like to do (mall, zoo, movies, playground, amusement park etc.) Then make a plan for the day by answering the following questions. What will you do when? How will you get there? Who is coming with you? Where will you go for lunch? Do you want to buy toys, play video games etc? How much will each of your activities cost?
3. Think about all of the things you will need to buy in order to do the activity and think about how much you should spend on each one. If you are not sure how much things will cost, you can usually find out online.
4. Think about ways that you could save money. Download the Budget Field Trip sheet, it has some creative ways for you to save money.
5. Have fun and if there is any money leftover - save it for another fun filled day!
6. When your day is over think about the following questions:
- Did having a plan help you stick to your budget? Explain
- How could learning how to budget help you when you are an adult?
- Did you think of any creative ways to save money? If so what were they?
- Is there anything that you would do differently next time?
Mark this activity as complete when you have completed at least one budget field trip.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
Budget Field Trip|
|Age Range||10 11 12 13 14 15 16|
|Activity Type||Field Trip|
|Tags||Logical-Mathematical Intelligence Money Budgeting Saving|