|Objective||To help kids learn to save money by organizing coupons into their own coupon binder.|
One very easy way to save money is to use coupons. Because coupons are difficult to keep track of it is recommended that you organize them into a coupon binder.
1. Get a binder and some plastic page protectors (the ones used for collecting playing cards will work well).
2. Go through the newspaper, flyers or go to a coupon website. Superstore usually has a wall full of coupons as you enter the store.
3. Clip or print coupons that are of interest. You could have a specific shopping trip in mind and clip coupons for that trip.
4. Organize the coupons into a binder.
5. Re-organize the binder often making sure to discard any expired coupons in the process.
Mark this activity as complete when you have created your coupon binder.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Age Range||7 8 9 10 11 12|
|Tags||Logical-Mathematical Intelligence Budgeting Saving|
|All You: Teaching Children About Money||
Activities for saving and budgeting.
A variety of articles on how to live frugally.
Living Frugal Activity