|Objective||To familiarize kids with marketing and sales.|
Create a sales pitch so that you can drum up interest in your business, innovation or invention.
1. Answer the following for yourself or discuss it with friends or family.
2. Create an outline of your pitch. This should include an opening/introduction to the product, an explanation of what the product will do for the customers and additional information like pricing and where it can be purchased.
3. Come up with a creative hook to get the audience interested and engaged. Potential hooks could include a joke, an infomercial style skit, bringing someone out to model the product etc.
4. Put your presentation together either on chart paper or in PowerPoint.
5. Present your sales pitch to friends, family or potential investors!
Wrap up Activity:
As a wrap up activity you could watch an episode of Dragon's Den or Shark Tank and discuss what made the sales pitches effective or what made them ineffective.
Mark this activity as complete when you have created and presented at least one sales pitch.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Age Range||11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18|
|Tags||Marketing Interpersonal Intelligence Linguistic Intelligence|
Here is an article on how to deliver an effective sales pitch.
Here is a Wikipedia entry about sales pitches.
Here is a marketing minefield article on creating a sales pitch.