|Objective||Kids will research the income tax rates in their own and in other countries.|
1. Look on the internet and answer this question: What is an income tax rate?
2. Find out what the income tax rate is for your country. If a person has a salary of $50,000 a year how much do they pay in taxes?
3. Find out what the income tax rate is for two other countries. Find out how much a person would pay in taxes if they had a salary of $50,000 a year. Do people pay more taxes in other countries or less taxes? This article could help you to find different countries tax rates.
4. Discuss the following questions about income taxes with your family or friends.
- What are income taxes used for?
- After looking at the income tax rate in other countries, talk about who is paying the most tax. Is the tax money being used well?
- Does paying more taxes mean that you have better health care, schools, roads and services?
Mark this activity as complete when you have a good idea of what people pay for income tax in your country and in 2-3 countries around the world.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Age Range||11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18|
|Tags||Logical-Mathematical Intelligence Taxes|