|Objective||Reinforce the concept of different denominations and values of money.|
BMO SmartSteps for parents has a great money memory game that will help your kids to remember the different denominations of coins.
Here is how to play:
1. Download and print the money memory game template.
2. Cut out the pictures of the different coins.
3. Place the pictures up side down on a table.
4. Have the players alternate. They flip over two cards. If they match they get to keep the cards, if they don't match they flip them back over and leave them on the table. As your child flips the cards over say the name of the coin. For example, "You have a penny and a nickel - Awww they don't match."
5. The game is finished when all of the cards have been matched up.
Mark this activity as complete when your child can confidently identify different coin denominations.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Age Range||5 6 7 8|