|Objective||To teach kids how to be innovative.|
Have your child create a craft ship out of house-hold materials that will hold 50 Pennies without sinking.
1. Gather some paper, tin foil, a plastic bottle, milk carton, tape, glue and at least 50 pennies.
2. Give the materials to your kids and ask them to construct a boat using the materials. Their boat my not only float but it should also be able to hold at least 50 pennies.
3. Once they have created their boat fill the sink with water or fill a bucket with water.
4. Get them to float their boat on the water and to add in the pennies one at a time.
5. If it doesn't work encourage your child to try it again until they get a boat that floats and can carry it's cargo.
6. If the boat works well, try adding more weight and see how much the boat can hold before it sinks.
Mark this activity as complete when your child has created a boat that floats and can carry at least 50 pennies.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Age Range||7 8 9 10 11 12 13|
|Tags||Creativity Innovation Ingenuity Spatial Intelligence|