|Objective||To show teenagers how to research, plan for and decide whether or not they can afford to buy a car.|
If you are thinking about trying to buy a car then there are a few things you will need to consider before you make your purchase. Here are some helpful worksheets to help you fully research, fund and make your first major purchase.
1. Look in the attachments section of this activity and download the "Buying A Car" pdf and the "Car Comparison" pdf.
2. Follow the instructions on this worksheet to fully research and help you decide what kind of car you should buy.
3. Look in the attachments section of this activity and download the "Car Financials" excel file.
4. Fill in the Car Financials spreadsheet.
5. When you have completed your research and your financial analysis, discuss your findings with a friend or family member. Ask them if you are missing anything and if there are other things to consider when making this large of a purchase.
6. If you can demonstrate you can afford this purchase, you have fully researched and have a strong idea of what type of car you would like to purchase and your parents approve your decision then go out and make your purchase.
Mark this activity as complete when you have researched types of car you might want and you have completed a financial plan for your car purchase.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
Buy A Car|
Car Financials Spreadsheet
Car Comparison Chart
|Average Rating||No one has rated this activity yet!|
|Age Range||16 17 18|
|Tags||Logical-Mathematical Intelligence Personal Finances Planning|