|Objective||To help children to keep track of their spending habits while using/familiarizing themselves with spreadsheets.|
Track your monthly expenses (i.e. your spending each month) using Microsoft Excel.
1. Open Microsoft Excel.
2. Create a new spreadsheet.
3. Create a title for your spreadsheet - Spending Tracker might be a good title.
4. Label three columns a) Date b) Description c) cost
5. Print a copy of your bank statement or gather your receipts for the month.
6. Enter the dates, items, and amounts for your purchases this month.
7. Total up the cost column and you will have a good idea of what you have spent this month.
8. You may want to try writing a simple formula to make your spreadsheet add up the cost column automatically. Go to the bottom cell in the cost column and enter the following =SUM(C3:C10). For more information about entering formulas in excel take a look at this tutorial.
Mark this activity as complete when you have completed one monthly spending sheet. Please note, continuing to keep track of your spending is a great way to keep in control of your finances. You are in charge of your money - your money is not in charge of you!
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Age Range||10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18|
|Tags||Logical-Mathematical Intelligence Computer Literacy Budgeting Money Personal Finances|